Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pancreatitis: What to Take When You Have the Flu

Pancreatitis and the FluFirst, I have no idea how to get rid of the flu except to wait it out.

I tried Alka-Seltzer Plus Flu and it didn't do a darn thing to alleviate my flu symptoms but seems to have inflamed my liver.

I try not to drink too much juice because the acidity is hard on my pancreas. Store bought herbal teas seem difficult to tolerate these days. (Check out this post on one of my favorite anti-inflammatory bulk teas and some other fun healthy tea ideas!)

Chicken broth doesn't hurt. I drink chicken broth.

I'm still sick and about 6 or 7 days into being a sickie-poo. Yuck


The only difference between today and a few days ago is that now I know the over-the-counter flu relievers don't work and so I need to just wait it out.

I used to drink tons of Orange Juice to feel better sooner. Now, itTime for Blogging seems like all the things I used to do to get well hurt my pancreas so I'm better off just coughing, resting and patiently waiting to feel better.

On the upside, my inability to do much is lending me much needed and desired time to write on this blog. Yeah! Although, I regularly think how much I'd like to contribute and share my story I often find myself with more desire than time.

Today, I'm a sickie poo with little energy. Therefore, I'm Queen of Time and my blog can benefit! Nice. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment