Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pancreatitis and Local Honey

honey_and_pancreatitisAbout a month ago, both my daughter and I noticed that local honey had helped us with pollen and other seasonal allergies.

Something I've been working on is improving my overall health. I feel that the better I feel as a whole the better off my pancreas will be as a result.

We had been eating a ton of honey. We were going though a 32 oz jar per week. I started buying it from a local health food store to get the 5 lb bottle for $19.99
Pancreatitis_fat_free_honey
instead of the 2 lb jar for $15-17.

All of a sudden we realized that I wasn't getting the sniffles and a runny nose while my daughter wasn't getting the twice yearly really bad hack that lasts a couple months.

We eat honey in our plain fat-free yogurt, baby cereal, coffee (well, she doesn't drink coffee) and tea, on berries, pancakes, etc.

So my thought is this... if my system doesn't have to work harder to stay healthy whether it be a cold or allergies then my immune system is better able to keep my pancreas as healthy as possible. I experience has been that my pancreas is more vulnerable when my system is run down physically or mentally. Therefore, I'm working on both!

Added benefit? I love honey! It's my favorite sweetener and besides natural fruit it is really the only sweetener I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment