Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pancreatitis & Tapioca Pudding

Food & Chronic PancreatitisBefore I got chronic pancreatitis I did not care for tapioca pudding at all.

During my 16-day hospital stay for an acute severe pancreatic attack (more than two-and-a-half years ago) and after I was finally in a position to eat something, the hospital gave me tapioca pudding.

I am currently struggling with my pancreas again. I believe as a result of having the flu for nearly two weeks now combined with taking over-the-counter drugs for the flu.

For the past five days, I checked into a hotel to take it easy and get some rest and relaxation and hopefully to start feeling better.

Today, I returned home. My daughter asked if I would like some tapioca pudding. Great idea! I like it warm, very running and with honey. I don't like it after it has cooled down and thickened.

She made it perfectly and it did not hurt my pancreas at all. :-)

I like foods with honey. Honey never seems to be problematic for my pancreas.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made this before- how do you make your tapioca pudding? (or how does your daughter make it :) )
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete