Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pancreatitis & Reflexology

I became aware that something was going on with my pancreas more than years before being hospitalized and diagnosed with severe acute pancreatitis.

I thought it was funny. The sore spots on my feel always had these weird names like 'pancreas' or 'duodenum'. I mean really, who has even heard of such body parts? I'd laugh it off and move on. It's not like my family had a history of illness or anything. I would always joke about how we were too ornery to die early.

(article continues below)
reflexology pancreas

Over the years, repeatedly it was my pancreas that was sore so eventually I began looking into it. By the time I went to the emergency hospital, I was fully aware of the problem and told them at triage that I thought I was probably having a severe acute attack of pancreatitis... and, as it turns out, I was correct and admitted to the hell called 'hospital' where I remained for the next
pancreatitis and reflexology
horrific 16 days.

I would rather die than return to a hospital regarding my pancreas. Therefore, I do my best to take good care of myself because I truly understand that death is an option always willing to knock on my door if I choose not to be vigilant in my recovery.

Before I started writing this post I was massaging the bottom of my foot. A person can learn a lot about themselves and the state of their health by simply taking a little lotion and applying a
little pressure to the bottom of their foot.

There are several wonderful reflexology charts easily found through search engines. Which foot chart I use depends on the area of the foot I am working on and which chart I feel will be most useful for that particular purpose.

ear reflexology pancreas
Some reflexology charts seem to be easier to read in some areas than others while other charts are not comprehensive. Still other charts offer explanations of how working on a certain region of the foot can affect one's health in a particular manner.

Reflexology hand charts and ear charts are also available. Just yesterday I was working on my hands and found that both my pancreas and pituitary were sore (no surprise, it's always sore) and my adrenal glands were sore. So, I got to find out a little about the adrenal glands. I was not surprised to discover the adrenal glands to be part of the endocrine system. The pancreas and pituitary are also part of the endocrine system. I often find my system weak within the endocrine system.

reflexology and pancreatitis

No comments:

Post a Comment