Monday, September 5, 2011

Pancreatitis & Selenium

brazil nuts pancreasSelenium is considered one of the strongest cancer fighters found in food.

I have read that if a person lives long enough with chronic pancreatitis that it will turn into pancreatic cancer. Therefore, being proactive against cancer seems like a good idea.

While many foods have Selenium in them my favorite is Brazil Nuts.

9 Brazil nuts a day equals the daily requirement. Brazil Nuts are quite fatty. If you've recently had an attack you might want to hold off on adding Brazil Nuts to your diet.

I will usually count out 9 Brazil Nuts then put them in a cute little dish and eat 1-3 at a time throughout the day. This decreases the fat my body had to deal with at one time. I don't eat Brazil Nuts everyday but I do feel that I eat them often enough to help my body fight off cancer.

It's not a cure all. I'd guess nothing is. It's more a step in a positive direction that could potentially help fight off cancer if I'm so lucky to live long enough to have such a problem.

LIST OF FOODS WITH SELENIUM

Brazil Nutsselenium pancreas
Mixed Nuts
Orange Roughy
Tuna
Beef
Spaghetti w/meat sauce
Cod
Turkey
Chicken Breast
Noodles
Macaroni
Egg
Cottage Cheese
Oatmeal
Rice
Bread
Walnuts
Cheddar Cheese

pancreas seleniumAdditional Sources on Selenium Foods & Benefits:

-List of Foods Rich in Selenium
-Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet for Selenium
-Selenium: Toxicity and Food Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment