Monday, March 7, 2011

Pancreatitis: Marijuana, The Anti-Inflammatory

pancreatitis and marijuanaA few years back, I went to Amsterdam where I not only found myself eating a pot brownie but also found my pancreas feeling better than it had in sometime. As a result, I realized that marijuana made my pancreas feel better.

In the States, pot is still illegal. I'm against marijuana being illegal simply because I think it is better to treat drug addicts than to put them in jail. Drug addicts can be rehabilitated. Jail should be for those offenders that cannot
be rehabilitated. It is better both for the individual who may have a problem with drugs and the overall population that must pay for the prison system.
anti-inflammatory marijuana
Nonetheless, I don't like
what pot does to the body and mind. It takes away ambition and inhibits creativity. It decrease sperm count and makes pregnancy more difficult.

Still, there is a time and a place for everything. Basically, if marijuana is used as a form of escape, then I don't approve of it. It is better to face your demons, work through it and move forward with your life.

arnold schwarzenegger getting highThat being said, I don't believe drugs and painkillers are a suitable answer for treating pancreatitis (as well as many other illnesses) and feel that if marijuana can counteract the inflammation of the pancr
eas then perhaps in reasonable amounts used in addition to other anti-inflammatories - such as ginger, Turmeric, blueberries, broccoli and sweet potatoes - marijuana would benefit the body and help ease the discomfort suffered by those with chronic pancreatitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment