Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cooking With Pancreatitis: Spices

<span class=One major change in my diet, after being diagnosed with pancreatitis, is that I veer from spicy foods and refrain from adding the to the dishes I prepare. At restaurants, I request the spices be held or order items that are not spicy.

Spices are hard on my pancreas. Spices can create a pancreatic flare-up or add in a flare-up if my pancreas is already vulnerable due to other elements - if I have the flu, stress, too much food in general, etc.

Therefore, in the name of feeling good I simply choose not to eat spicy food. Spicy food will hurt my pancreas. I want to feel good and keep my pancreas as healthy as possible for as long as possible. No need to tempt fate or lose wanted years from my life. The elimination of spicy food seems to be a wise choice.

That being said some spices are considered anti-inflammatory. Therefore, it would make sense that using such spices would be a benefit to the pancreas rather than a hindrance.

I've listed some anti-inflammatory spices below:

Ginger
Turmeric
Black Pepper
Cinnamon
Rosemary
Basil
Cardamon
Chives
Cilantro
Cloves
Garlic
Parsley



Related Information:

Top 12 Superfood Herbs and Spices

Enhance Your Anti-Inflammatory Diet With the Right Spices

The Benefits of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet

Tumeric

No comments:

Post a Comment