Monday, May 10, 2010

The Art of Dying: Let's Get a Tan!

Living with PancreatitisSo, I've been stressed out lately. Had a lot on my plate. The stress levels affected my pancreas and I've had to get it under control.

The event I was working on has passed. Things are calmer and my pancreas is feeling better. While my pancreas was not feeling better I had a hard time eating. I bought Pancreatin at the local health food store and considered a few walnuts, chicken and rice soup, or a half an English muffin with margarine, peanut butter and jam a meal.

I saw the weight dropping off and there wasn't much I could do but try to regain control of the situation. Eating small meals and trying to reduce stress levels were my main objectives. Nonetheless, when I weighed myself today I weighed 106.5 lbs which meant I lost about 5 or 6 pounds within a couple or a few weeks. I've always been thin so while that is a low body weight for me and I am very aware of it at that weight - with our without chronic pancreatitis - it's nothing to be overly alarmed about.

When I have pancreas problems I can, at times,Sun Tanning feel like my life is going to end and that there is nothing I can do about it. My response to this feeling of impending doom was to lay out in the sun. I mean really... if you're going to die soon who needs to worry about skin cancer. ;-) For a completely pasty white Irish girl I've got a nice golden glow going on... Hubba!

At least I'll die a bronzed beauty!

Always looking on the bright side...

No comments:

Post a Comment